Friday, February 22, 2013

Joshua Tree Obsession II

I first visited Joshua Tree in 1987, back when it was just a national monument.  My one and only visit.  It had since (in 1994) been designated a national park and I believe it's the closest one from our house in Rancho Cucamonga -- a short 90 mile drive.  In 1987, I did a bike ride through the park with my friends Paul and Carey, who I just met just a couple months prior at UCLA.  Needless to say, I didn't remember much of the terrain other than the presence of thousands of Joshua trees.  (I also remember suffering on that ride due with the 2800 ft elevation and the winds.) During a recent visit, I was reminded how truly unique this place is.  The landscape is like no other place on earth that I'm aware of.  These postcards are just a sampling of what's inside the park.




No comments: