Monday, March 26, 2012

Five Years Ago Today

I took this portrait of the Maura and the kids on the Sunday, March 26, 2007.  It's hard to believe that five years can go that fast but Sam is shown here before he hit his growth spurt.  He's now 5'6" and would have been only a couple inches short of his mom's 5'9" height.  JJ, his typical character, posed cross-eyed in this shot.  And in the background, hanging in our Pasadena living room is a painting I just completed a couple months prior.  I can't remember why everyone was somewhat dressed up but I think she was about to take them to Sunday school at the time.  I know this was the last day of my pastel class at Pasadena City College.  This was also the last day of a particular phase of my life as I knew it.  The following day, she went in to Cedars Sinai for tests to resolve some abdominal pain.  Life wasn't quite the same after that day.

No comments: