Thursday, March 29, 2012

On Hold

Just like I put cycling and guitar playing on hold for about a decade, I seem to be on this trend where some of my artwork are going to the back burner.  In particular, I used to do quite a bit of photography and relief prints.  Printing photographs was not cheap and in particular, was very frustrating especially with inkjet technology not giving me the fidelity I'm looking from.  Often, what gets printed is ever so slightly different than what's on the computer screen.  Couple that with the cost of ink cartridges and paper means I don't miss the medium that much at all.  Linocuts, on the other hand was always a lot of fun to do -- even though I wasn't very good at it.  It was always messy but equal parts rewarding and frustrating.  For a while, I was doing a lot of trial and error and wasting linocut blanks -- and as with photographic printing, got expensive.  These days, I do mostly drawing and some painting but someday, I'm hoping to revisit photography and relief printing.  Someday.

No comments: