Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Need To State This

I'm still torn on this whole Lance Armstrong business.  The whole deal is an attack on my sport -- cycling and the best sporting event in the world, the Tour de France.  It really pisses me off that Nike pulled sponsorship from Lance and they didn't treat Tiger Woods, Kobe, Michael Vick and other disgraced athletes the same.  I'm pissed off because the whole sport of professional cycling is dirty for a very long time now.  Pro cyclists are dying in their sleep in their mid 30s, dying of liver disease and cancer in their 40s and 50s.  I'm pissed off because the USADA does not go after the entire fucking National Football League -- which is full of roid users.  Incidentally, NFL players live an average of 51 years.  I'm pissed because Trek made a ton of money on Lance Armstrong's accomplishments.  I'm pissed because someone wanted Lance Armstrong's head on a platter and they finally got it.  I'm pissed at this country's holier-than-thou attitude.

No comments: