Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Traffic Jams in CicLAvia




Love this event! Downtown Los Angeles on bike.  The kids and I went down to CicLAvia last Sunday and this is the most fun I've had on a bike while not screaming downhill at 50 mph. 100,000 fellow cyclists and I bet there was less internet traffic in LA for the hours between 10am and 3pm.  However, there was a lot, a ton of bike traffic especially through the jewelry district where we got stuck in lights for about 5 minutes.  Didn't mind it at all though as I rode my Eddy Merckx bike with fellow 2-wheeled folks.  Making CicLAvia a monthly event might be a stretch but I'd vote for quarterly -- one for every season.  LA is a different city as the seasons change.  I guess there's also 100,000 people who don't like to sit on their asses all Sunday and just watch football.  My best memory was going down Figueroa through Staples Center to Exposition park. Wide open road and not a damn car on the road!  For a change, I didn't worry about me or my kids getting hit by a motorist.  Great event for the city.

No comments: