Tuesday, May 8, 2012

47 Days...But Who's Counting

I took the photograph of a rainbow over the First Hawaiian Church in Kapaa during our last visit to Kauai in December 2007.  I wasn't sure I can go back anytime soon but today I'm as sure as I can be.  I finally booked our annual Hawaii trip to the Garden Isle -- June 24th through July 4th.  Yes, that's 47 days away -- 6 weekend from now!  I suppose there's comfort in the familiar so I got a room at the Pono Kai, which is walking distance to most places to eat and is only a short 8 miles from the airport in Lihue.  Hawaiian pancakes, Portuguese sausage, luau, daily ocean swim, Shrimp Station and most of all, I want to find ohana, me and my boys.  And I'm sure if I pay enough attention, I will find the spirits of a dear, old friend.

No comments: