Sunday, May 13, 2012

Made For Geeks TV

Back when I was in college, I never would have imagined they would make a TV series like The Big Bang Theory -- about physicists and their awkward social skills.  Not only can I relate to the social ineptness and inability to read human interactions of geeks but I also get all the jokes and they are funny as hell (I do wonder if non-scientists get the jokes but they are accurate and the delivered perfectly in each scene).  All I can assume is that some real-life geeks work as consultants for the show.  Sheldon and Leonard have a combined IQ of 360 and share an apartment and of course, the cute blonde, Penny moves in just across the hall.  The rest is hysteria.  The success of BBT just makes me wonder whether geek is finally cool.  This television series is the anti-Idiocracy!

No comments: