Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Multi-Tasking And The Balancing Act


I figure work is a must do and so is family.  That means that the remaining hours of the days have to be equally divided between sleep, cycling, playing guitar or doing art.  Sleep, well, I take it where and when I can.  So the three things that drive me -- riding a bike, playing guitar or doing art, must be balanced fairly tightly and given my free time during the week totaling up to only 2 hrs a day.  Lately, I've rediscovered playing guitar which takes up a good hour means I only ride on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays.  When do I have time to do art then?  That's where the boring meetings at work become quality art-work or doodle time for me.  Sam asked me yesterday how many meetings I attend at work.  The more I think about it, the more it really is an opportunity to do art while listening into meetings.  I average four 1-hour meetings daily so that's a boat load of doodle time.  Like this one I did yesterday (above).  What started as a mass of squiggly lines using gel pen morphed into a host-parasite creature after about 2 meetings.  Now, if only I can bring my Taylor acoustic or Fender Strat to work...

No comments: