Sunday, February 19, 2012

The "Nasty" (23.5 Mile Tour Of Rancho Cucamonga)

Ever since I started riding again in April of last year, I've always envisioned being able to do this "dream" ride.  As soon as I discovered the foothills of Rancho Cucamonga, I designed this bike ride totaling about 24 miles but I'm no more than 7 miles away from home.  What the ride does is wind up and down some key north-south streets in the city.  I purposely did not include the very top of certain hills as they are very, very steep -- like the last 0.5 mile of Archibald hurts like a mutha probably because of the 10% grade.  On this Sunday, I decided to do a late afternoon ride and feeling pretty good, I took on my dream ride.  The route for this ride is listed, which I call "The Nasty" because it totals up to 5.3 miles of straight climbs, the nasty kind where I can see where I'm going so they're equally painful mentally and physically.
South on Day Creek Blvd
West on Banyan St
North on Hermosa Ave (Climb #1: 0.8 mi)
West on Hillside Rd
South on Archibald Ave
West on LemonAve
North on Amethyst (Climb #2: 1.1 mi)
West on Hillside Rd
South on Hellman Ave
West on Lemon Ave
North on Sapphire St (Climb #3: 1.0 mi)
West on Hillside Rd
North on Ranch Gate (Climb #3.1: 0.2 mi)
East on Appaloosa Ct
South on Turquoise Ave
East on Hillside Rd
South on Sapphire St
East on Lemon Ave
North on Beryl St (Climb #4: 1.0 mi)
East on Hillside Rd
South on Canistel Ave
East on Wilson Ave
South on Milliken Ave
East on Banyan St
North on Etiwanda Ave (Climb #5: 0.5 mi)
West on Wilson Ave
North on Etiwanda Ave (Climb #5.1: 0.7 mi)
West on Day Creek Blvd.

No comments: