Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Stratocaster Guy

There are two kinds of people on just about anything.  Either you're a Ford or a Chevy guy (Chevy for me); either you're a Windows or an Apple user (previously Windows, now Apple); DC or Marvel (Marvel); and finally either you're a Gibson Les Paul or a Fender Strat guy.  I have and will always play Stratocaster electric guitars.  I don't care whether they're American, Japanese, Mexican, Standard, Custom, etc.  If it's a strat, I'll play it.  However, there's a special place in my heart for strats of unusual colors like this Seafoam Green (don't know where the heck that color name came from but I would have called it pistachio) Tom Delonge Strat I found on Craigslist.  Tom Delonge is of Blink 182 fame.  I'm not really a big Blink 182 fan but this guitar is going to make me take a closer look at Delonge's playing.  This one is in perfect shape and it's about 10 years old, which is when Fender stopped producing these very unique guitars.  Besides the smoldering Seymour Duncan Invader pickups and the fixed bridge, the fast neck is another appeal why I picked it up.  Took it home and played my first riff on it -- Ghost Riders In The Sky.  This strat smokes!

No comments: