Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Case For More Space

I did this collage in 2008 when we were just busting at the seam  in the Pasadena house.  This was my studio/library/storage at the time.  Books, CD, guitars, canvas, artwork, photographs, easel, dry cleaning, computer, vinyl albums.  Name it, it was in my room.  I did the 360 deg collage which somewhat shows the chaos of the tiny room, about a 12 ft x 12 ft bedroom.  What was weird about existing in this chaos was after a while, I was able to find anything I ever wanted.  I knew exactly where I had put a CD or a photograph or a book -- which I think for the most part, is our ability to adapt to conditions of disorder.  I knew at some point, that this bedroom had to be cleared in order to make room for either Sam or JJ, who were sharing a room at the time.  Thankfully,  we got more house in Rancho Cucamonga.

No comments: