Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Photoshoot 2009

This was taken during a family photoshoot at the Pasadena City Hall grounds in May 2009.  I had restored Maura's Trek to its previous racing condition and we took several portraits with her favorite ride.  The seat, the handlebars, brakes levers -- everything is exactly the way it fit her when she last rode in it.  She owned 3 Trek road bikes the entire time I knew her but this platinum Trek 5500 was one of the first carbon fiber of the OCLV design.  The Spinergy carbon wheels were the first generation wheels back in 1994 as well.  Of all the things she owned, this one, I guess meant the most.  I can't even count the number of times I've disassembled, cleaned and reassembled this bike during her racing season.  She was the racer, I was the mechanic.  Someday, when the kids are tall enough, they can take it for a nice spin around town.

No comments: