Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Day For Music

I needed a day like today.  I woke up and was getting ready for a short bike ride but the streets were still wet from the overnight rain.  So I picked up my acoustic guitar and played for an hour, followed by some piano exercises for another hour before I ever started thinking about breakfast.  I did sneak in some laundry and dishes to make myself somewhat feel responsible.  They I played electric guitar for another hour just in time for lunch.  Early afternoon, the kids and I recorded our own version of Herbie Hancock's 1973 funk classic "Chameleon" which is one of several songs we played over a span of 2 hours.  Since I missed my bike ride, I elected to take a 2.5 mile run on the equestrian trail down the hill. And while waiting for the kids to bug me for dinner, I played electric again downstairs for at least 1 1/2 hours, trying to perfect a punk version of The Beach Boys' "Surfer Girl" and re-learn a Foo Fighters song.  And finally, after dinner, I did another hour of piano which brings my total to almost 8 hours of playing music.  Fun times.

No comments: