Thursday, December 15, 2011

Alta Loma Music

My kids started music lessons at Alta Loma Music this fall and from what I've observed so far, it's worth it. JJ started in November and Sam started in December.  So far, JJ performed in the Christmas program with other students and I think that's the best part of their music program -- the experience of playing with other kids.  JJ (above left) played bass guitar to "Last Christmas" and although, he's performed in front of an audience before with his middle school band, this was a first.  Small group in front of a full auditorium (Upland Women's Club).  There is another student showcase in February and I expect Sam to be part of that performance.  So far, his progress is to the point where he can play full songs (Radiohead's "Creep" and U2's "With Or Without You").  I would recommend Alta Loma Music to any parent interested in having their kids exposed to music of all kids -- the staff is very friendly, accommodating and all my experience had been positive.  And so far, my kids' interest in music just about doubled up.  Last Sunday, instead of watching TV, JJ insisted on jamming with me because he was bored.  And yesterday, when I got home from work, Sam was banging on the drum kit and before I can even think of making dinner, I found myself picking up the guitar and playing a couple beats.  Music is a drug.

No comments: