Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Music That You Can Dance To

Kids and I went to Amoeba Music the week before Christmas and I got the usual stash of cheap vinyl but Sam got a couple CDs -- Sublime and Def Leppard.  Of course, he asked to Def Leppard in the CD player as I negotiated the drive home from LA on a crazy holiday weekend.  Then it occurred to me that I very seldom hear Def Leppard on the radio except for an occasional song on 96.7 KCAL.  However, everytime I hear a Def Leppard song -- Pyromania, Rock Of Ages and especially, Pour Some Sugar On Me, I have visions of a stripper pole dancing.  So my hypothesis is this:  At any one time, there is always a Def Leppard song playing on some strip club somewhere in this crazy planet.  I can't prove it but I think what makes me formulate this hypothesis is that even in the movies, every time there is a scene with a strip club, Pour Some Sugar On Me is playing in the background.  Every freaking time.  It's been a few years since I've been there but I'm sure they play that song at the Bare Elegance men's club in Hawthorne at least a dozen times a day.  (Bare Elegance was less than a mile from my office when I used to work at Hughes Space & Communications -- and I get in free with my company badge.  How cool is that.) Now, if only I could find my AC/DC album to play "You Shook Me All Night Long".

No comments: