Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Death Star (Mother-Of-All-Legos)

It was a brief phone conversation.  I called the Lego Store in Glendale Monday afternoon to inquire about the Death Star and said they expect some coming in later in the week.  Call back Thursday or so, the guy said on the phone.  Tuesday, I just had this nagging feeling that I should call again -- just in case. After all, the Lego Store in Ontario said they don't expect any more any time soon.  Are these Death Stars that popular?  So I called around 11am today just to see if a shipment of Death Stars came in.  "We have one" she said.  Trying to decide if I should go now or after work was a really easy choice -- go now, fast --- and actually was a wise one.  When I got there, the salesperson said I am getting the last one, they've already sold four this morning.  Am I underestimating the number of geeks out there who can afford these $400 Lego sets?  I'm getting this one for my son who just turned 11 last week and got enough Christmas and birthday money to get Darth Vader's mother-of-all-Lego-sets.  This one will take a while to build.  The instructions alone is a thick 262 pages (below) and the set contains over 3800 pieces.

No comments: