Sunday, February 13, 2011

The MOCA Cap

When I stepped out of the plane from Oahu in July 2009, I knew that something was not right but didn't quite figure out what it was until we got home.  I have left my dear old black baseball cap I bought in 2008 from the MOCA store on Grand in downtown LA in the Boeing plane.  Too late -- and although it's just a silly piece of head gear and I have several baseball caps, this one was special.  I went to MOCA a lot in 2008 when life as I know it changed forever.  The museum, a mere 20 minutes from Pasadena was a refuge from life's harsh realities at the time and when I returned a few times last year, the museum store was no longer selling the cap.  And although I can go to any mall and have a similar one made, it's just not the same as the original.

No comments: